The Chicago ACE Mentor Program and Associate Board of Directors is happy to announce two scholarship opportunities offered exclusively to ACE Chicago Alumni: our fifth annual ACE Alumni Scholarship and the Eli W. Cohen Scholarship. See further details below regarding the award, eligibility and the application process.
Both awards are offered to encourage excellence at post-secondary levels and to bridge our support of ACE students from high school graduation to an eventual career in the design or construction industry. Applicants will be assessed by the ACE Chicago Associate Board of Directors and will be based on the following criteria:
- Outstanding performance in the student’s chosen ACE related track
- Compelling personal character
- Demonstration of leadership within scholastic and/or extracurricular activities
- Organization and presentation of the student’s application
Seventh Annual ACE Alumni Scholarship
- Sponsored by the ACE Associate Board
- One-time $2,000 scholarship
- Eligibility: ACE alumni seeking a degree in the fields of Architecture, Construction, Engineering, or related disciplines at the undergraduate or graduate level. Qualified applicants must have completed at least 1 year of post-secondary education.
Eli W. Cohen Scholarship
- Sponsored by the family of Eli W. Cohen, a renowned structural engineer who helped forge the Chicago skyline and founded the consulting firm that eventually became Thornton Tomasetti. The Cohen family will participate in the selection of the scholarship recipient.
- Recurring $2,000 award paid annually for max of 3 years until graduation
- Eligibility: Chicago alumni pursuing an engineering degree.Qualified applicants must have completed at least 1 year of post-secondary education.
Applicants interested in one or both of these scholarships must submit the following documents for consideration by September 9, 2016 to:
ACE Alumni Scholarship
c/o Stacy Horan
Sargent & Lundy
55 East Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
In addition to the hard copy submission, please send an electronic copy to ACEChicagoalumni@gmail.com
- Resume and cover letter, including the dates of enrollment in the ACE program
- Personal statement reflecting on your experiences in the ACE program and
highlighting your commitment to the design and/or construction industries
(approx. 1-2 typed pages)
- Official transcript(s) reflecting coursework through Spring 2016
- Letter of recommendation written by an employer, teacher, mentor or other
person familiar with your collegiate or professional work (letter should be
sealed/signed & confidential, and may not be written by a member of the ACE
- Additional items, such as architectural portfolios should not be submitted and will not be reviewed
- Please indicate if you are interested in the ACE Alumni Scholarship, the
Eli W. Cohen scholarship or both.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please contact us at ACEChicagoalumni@gmail.com with any questions.
ACE Chicago Associate Board of Directors